Conversation Hearts…

Typically the lunch boxes I post were created for my soon-to-be 8 year old son, but I’m pretty sure I would get in BIG trouble by said 2nd grader if I sent a “cute” Valentine’s lunch to school with him.  Lucky for me, I still have my younger son at home who loves nothing more than getting a “big boy” lunch like his brother and he’s still young enough that he doesn’t mind hearts or a prominent “luv u” message from Mom!  I’ll have to come up with another Valentine’s day lunch box that will get my 2nd graders stamp of approval on Monday.  Stay tuned!

Today’s lunch includes:  nitrate free turkey sandwich, celery, raspberry bites (raspberries with white chocolate chips in the middle), banana, Babybel cheese, chocolate crispies

This entry was posted in General, holidays, themed lunches and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Conversation Hearts…

1. Lady says:

This site a GREAT! I can’t wait to see more! Adding you to my blog list ASAP!! I have been working on lunches like this with my 2 y/o and look forward to more ideas!

2. Holli says:

Jamie, you are SO creative!! I just love browsing through these. I posted a link on my FB page because I have so many friends who would love to see these.

3. Em says:

Thank you so much for creating this site, I love your lunchbox photos on FB and it’s fab seeing even more detail. I am trying to start eating this way and creating fun lunches like this for my 20 month old so she never knows any difference and hopefully doesn’t suffer the weight problems that have plagued my husband.

4. Is it wrong that I want these fun lunches for myself? ;) Keep on inspiring me Jamie! I’m not sure you know exactly how much of a help you are in my quest for bettering the nutrition of my family!! For the past couple of years I have gotten so far away from who I am in that aspect that I feel lost. You are guiding my way back ! Thank you!

5. julie says:

This is amazing! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

6. liz winsby says:

How do you keep the bananas and apples from getting brown when you put them in the lunchbox sliced up?

Hi Liz-
      I haven’t had a lot of luck with sliced apples/bananas. Luckily my son doesn’t seem bothered in the least with the little bit of brown that develops on the fruit before he eats them. Having said that, I don’t include apples or bananas in his lunch very often..typically it is a last resort. In other words he gets an apple when I need to go to the grocery store. ;)

7. Love, love, love the lunches! Just curious how the heart sandwhich went over. I got in so much trouble when I sent one with Jake to school. Poor thing…said the kids made fun of him, but he thanked me for making him a nice lunch. ;-)

This lunch was actually for my youngest who is still at home. There is NO WAY my oldest would let me send a lunch like this to school with him. I had to make a “monster themed” Valentine’s lunch for my oldest.

8. Pingback: Valentine’s Day DIY | Tied Up With String