Welcome home

Last weekend we welcomed home the newest addition to our family, Oakley, an 8 week old American Brittany pup.  His arrival was very much anticipated and his homecoming was everything I thought it would be and then some.  The boys are head over heels in love with him and very rarely leave his side.  Oakley is a sweet little pup and absolutely loves to snuggle and play.  He sure is a big hit with all the kids in the neighborhood and has adjusted well to being played with constantly at the ball fields and everywhere else we have taken him.  All the hesitation I had about bringing a puppy into our home quickly faded when I saw the boys  interact with him.  It’s so fun watching them knowing these guys will be lifelong friends.

So without further ado, I introduce to you, Oakley:

Of all the photos I’ve snapped of our new little pup, this is by far my boys’ favorite.  One of the reasons they chose this particular breed of dog was so he could accompany them on bird hunting trips.  When they saw this picture they all gasped and started talking about his “point”!  Ahhhh…life with boys!

Today’s “Welcome home, Oakley” lunch includes:  ham/cheese sandwich, grapes/cheese, broccoli/carrots, and a bag of trail mix (almonds, chocolate chunks, and bite-sized pieces of a Quest bar) all packed in an Easy Lunch Box

This entry was posted in animals, family fun, themed lunches. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Welcome home

1. natalie says:

Wow! What a point he does have!! What a wonderful addition to the family :) I don’t know what my 3 boys would do without our little mini dachshund named Chloe. She has all our hearts for life! Have much fun with your new furry family member <3 and super cute lunch!

2. Annie says:

AWW!! There is nothing cuter than a boy and his dog.

3. April S. says:

Just adorable – thanks for sharing!

4. My husband and I have a Brittany – they are AMAZING dogs – and WAY WAY WAY too smart for their own good. =) You’ll have a blast with him! But be prepared for the deviousness or “talking back” that they can get haha. Ours (Beau) talks back to you if you scold him for doing something wrong!

5. Eileen says:

Wow is right loved all the shots I know you must of taken hundreds already but these are great!
    THANK YOU from his grandma now. (No longer his momma) What a joy to hear your fears have subsided I knew it wouldn’t be long with this bundle of joy!
    So VERY happy for you all. Really looking forward to having you send more when you think of it!
    agian thank you,
    Eileen
    Ps The rest of the Gang…..Ruby, Jade, Josie(momma), Willow, Dusty say , woof !

6. Carol Guilen says:

Wow, I’ve just found your blog, and I loved it!!!! You’re so creative, congratulations! Your kids certainly love you and their lunches

7. This is adorable! I just love it!

8. Jessica says:

GOOD GRAVY your lawn is FABULOUS!!!