Surviving a QuaranTEEN
Well, nothing like a global pandemic to bring me out of blogging retirement! As a former high school teacher, I just felt compelled to hop back online and offer some ideas for how I plan to get through this stretch of being homebound with two teenage boys for the next few weeks. Below are a few ideas and I'd love to keep the conversation going...so if you have more ideas please feel free to share in the comments below!
- Learn to make a traditional family recipe (via FaceTime with grandparents if that's an option): lefse, naan bread, pasta, etc..
- Participate in a workout challenge (many gyms/studios are offering free classes and challenges)! My boys' athletic trainers at ETHOS PERFORMANCE are offering an "At-Home Spring Workout Challenge" complete with a chance to win prizes.
- Watch a movie...here's a GREAT LIST OF MOVIES FOR TEENS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS.
- Take a FREE COOKING CLASS online HERE...my boys might try the Pasta Perfect and Sweet Baking classes!
- Virtual Tours: Google Arts and Culture offers great virtual tours of a variety of sites, but my favorite might be the National Park tours!
- Take an online course! This is a great time to get CPR certified, get a boater safety license, learn a language, etc...
- Try some copycat recipes! Learn to replicate some restaurant faves (Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich, Panda Express Orange Chicken, Shamrock Shake, etc...)
- Watch full length iconic games (1980 "Miracle on Ice" game, the 1987 "Replacements" game v. The Dallas Cowboys, etc...) Click HERE for more inspiration!